Network member since 2013
In 2012, seventy-five regional stakeholders came together with support from the Ford Next Generation Learning network to write and adopt the Coachella Valley Regional Plan for College and Career Success — a five-year framework outlining how business and education will collaborate to achieve the following goals:
- Increase high school graduation rates
- Increase college readiness
- Increase college and higher skills training completion
- Increase career readiness
- Increase the number of local students with higher wage jobs
Today, OneFuture Coachella Valley is advancing the Regional Plan to provide students with meaningful career explorations, work experience, and scholarships, as well as other supports for college success.
Key to this approach is involvement from our region’s employers, which ensures that student preparation is aligned with local workforce needs.
For additional information, visit the OneFuture Coachella Valley site.