Alignment Nashville (AN) is a unique and scalable framework for developing community schools. The mission is to bring community organizations and resources into alignment so that their coordinated support of Nashville's youth has a positive impact on public school success, children's health, and the success of our community as a whole.
Since 2006, together with civic and business partners, Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) has been redesigning its zoned high schools into smaller learning communities. The Academies of Nashville enable all high school students to learn through the lens of a career or academic theme in a highly personalized learning community, introducing students to a multitude of careers and opportunities, and making MNPS a trendsetter in innovative practices for advancing college and career preparation for all students.
Unique features of our community include the following:
- Every student in grades 10-12 in our zoned high schools is enrolled in one of our district-wide, wall-to-wall academies
- More than 250 business partners are engaged at various levels
- We've achieved a sustainable community engagement structure
- Partners are managed by the PENCIL Foundation, an organization that links community resources of Volunteers and materials with Metro Nashville Public Schools
- The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce provides organization and support for CEO Champions—a group of local executives organized to advance improvements in high school and middle school public education
- Alignment Nashville's High School Committee provides ongoing oversight for the Academies of Nashville
As a Ford Next Generation Learning (NGL) Hub, co-administered by MNPS and Alignment Nashville, we offer professional development and technical assistance to communities across the country. A primary activity of the Nashville Ford NGL Hub is hosting the Academies of Nashville Study Visit.
More information on Alignment Nashville is available at http://www.alignmentnashville.org/.
© Copyright 2017 Alignment USA